It can reasonably be argued that no industry could be in greater need of guidance than hospitality; this pandemic’s damage acutely impacts us because:
- Guests … well, there aren’t any. And, when this is over, they’re going to need to be reassured that they will be safe and secure when they step outside their homes.
- Staff simply cannot be maintained at pre-COVID-19 levels. So, many team members will be lost. Meanwhile, those who stay may suffer demoralizing anxiety.
- Business strategies must be revised. We cannot assume the hospitality industry of tomorrow will continue just like it did yesterday (READ: Pre-COVID-19).
- Physical as well as IT Network Security presented significant challenges before the pandemic. Now, major vulnerabilities are in plain sight. Example #1: hotels built without locks on their front doors. Example #2: back-of-house staff sent home with neither remote working infrastructures nor direction.
When “guidance” is the order of the day, VENZA springs into action. But action for the sake of action isn’t what’s important. What is? VENZA’s initiatives have always been vetted against the needs of hotel groups.
In response to the desire for guidance, VENZA has launched “Timely Tools for Hoteliers”. Already available are:
- Free Coronavirus Training Modules
- Crisis-related Webinars & Job Aids
- Emergency Remote Monitoring & Management for At-Home Staff
And there will be more tools to come!
“Please keep up the good work.” (in response to VENZA’s “Phishing with Corona: Cyber Criminals Are Using Global Crises to Breach Organizations” webinar – March 26, 2020).
- Mark Pate, Assistant Controller/IT Director, Highpoint Hotel Corporatio