[Danbury, Conn., August 10, 2021] — At a time when many hotel companies continue to cut costs and operate with reduced teams, Meyer Jabara Hotels is investing in its people and properties by adding technologies that will help its 29 U.S. hotels streamline their business processes and expand on the services available to associates. Through strategic partnerships with Altec, Ceridian, Kalibri Labs, Profit Sword, and Snappy, Meyer Jabara Hotels will be deploying solutions that streamline vital document processes, pay employees on demand, benchmark property performance and improve productivity, drive business intelligence, and reward employees with digital tipping while providing cashless and contactless convenience to guests. Meyer Jabara Hotels’ technology investment will not stop there. The hotel management company and ownership group is investigating other guest-facing technologies that improve experiences for guests and drive profits for owners.
Leading the technology initiative is Meyer Jabara Hotels Chief Financial Officer Mark Kronick and Regional Vice President Ted Jabara.
“Ensuring that each of these technology solutions are being implemented efficiently and optimized to their fullest potential at the corporate and property levels is a big task, but it’s an important one,” Kronick said. “We believe that technology will help us build our business for the better. Our goal is not to pave another road, but build a bigger, better highway. We will do that one system and one integration at a time. Our leadership team selected the industry’s best-of-breed technology partners to position Meyer Jabara Hotels not just as a hospitality-leading employer, but one that is world class. The owners and employees of our hotels are excited about this technology initiative. The future is brighter than ever for Meyer Jabara Hotels.”
The Meyer Jabara Hotels’ enterprise technology initiative includes:
- Dayforce Wallet from Ceridian — Dayforce Wallet is giving Meyer Jabara Hotels a modern way to pay its employees. Hourly workers can access up to 70% of their net pay (holding back any deductions, garnishments, etc.) on-demand using the Dayforce Wallet mobile app and Dayforce Prepaid Mastercard® versus having to wait for the next pay date. The mobile app also makes it easy for MJH employees to check their pay deposits, account balance, and transaction history. This cutting-edge tool is helping to attract and retain employees, which is critical in today’s competitive labor market. The solution eliminates processing costs associated with issuing paper checks for payroll and makes managing payments easy and efficient.
- SNAPPY Employee Recognition and Rewards — This employee recognition tool is enabling Meyer Jabara Hotels to give employees more choice of rewards. Property managers are sending associates links to a digital catalog whereby they can select gifts. The catalogs are refreshed each month, so there is always a new variety of items to choose from. SNAPPY is streamlining the recognition program and driving employee loyalty. It also generates reports to provide insight on employee nominations, popular gifts, projected future campaign budgets, and more.
- HummingbirdPXM from Kalibri Labs — This robust commercial strategy platform from Kalibri Labs is enabling Meyer Jabara Hotels to plan, execute, and measure each property’s performance and compare it to historic data. Driven by a forward-looking predictive model, the HummingbirdPXM is providing insights to determine sales deployment, online media spending, confirmation of pricing strategy and assistance in forecasting and budgeting. It will give Meyer Jabara Hotels actionable next steps that empowers the hotel company’s commercial strategy team to plan, execute, and measure actions and results, leading to increased profitability and growth.
- DocLink by Altec — Integrated with Sage 100, DocLink will automate workflows and streamline accounts payable transactions, enabling Meyer Jabara Hotels to better manage their data while going paperless and touchless. DocLink will digitally transform the MJH enterprise, providing increased visibility and productivity across all departments. Phase I of the technology deployment (expected to go live Q4 2021) will provide central storage of all AP documents and vendor invoices, enabling them to be approved and processed in a timely manner. Phase II (launching in 2022) will include automation of the company’s contract management and purchase requisition processes.
- Business Intelligence Suite from ProfitSword — Meyer Jabara Hotels will soon experience the benefits of maximized efficiency in business performance measuring via the adoption of ProfitSword’s suite of advanced business intelligence solutions. Able to integrate seamlessly with virtually any data-generating system in use by today's hotels, ProfitSword will enable properties to achieve real-time budgeting and forecasting efficiency while ensuring that sales goals, inventory levels, and labor resources are always effectively monitored and managed. With ProfitSword, hotel employees and corporate management can effortlessly access analytics in real-time, including GSS scores and STR reports. The solution will be field tested in Q4 2021 with a full rollout expected in Q1 2022.
- Cashless, Contactless Digital Tipping — Soon Meyer Jabara Hotels will be implementing a digital tipping platform that will provide cashless and contactless convenience to guests who want to recognize great service and put more money digitally into our employees’ paychecks. The solution will enable whose who do not carry cash the ability to tip service staff, such as the valet parking attendant, bellman or hotel housekeeper for jobs well done.
“We are making this technology investment to help our teams make better business decisions that will impact their bottom lines with less cost,” Jabara said. “With these operational solutions, Meyer Jabara Hotels, along with its partners and stakeholders, will be more profitable. We are empowering our property leaders to analyze data in far more time efficient ways and leverage machine learning to operate leaner and more efficient. Likewise, the employee-facing technologies are giving our associates direct access to benefit and payroll information in real time, and providing direct, real-time access to information that will ultimately help them do their jobs better and make them feel more valued and appreciated. Meyer Jabara Hotels is committed to investigating any technology that will benefit our loyal guests and employees alike.”For more information on Meyer Jabara Hotels, visit www.mjhotels.com. For media inquiries, call Barb Worcester of PRpro at (440) 930-5770 or email her at [email protected].