AUSTIN, TEXAS, USA (November 2, 2020) — The 2020-2021 Global Executive Committee and Board of Directors for Hospitality Financial and Technology Professionals (HFTP®) have officially begun their term at the start of this month. The association leaders represent a wide variety of segments within the hospitality industry, including: clubs, academics, hotels, finance, technology and more. The HFTP Global Board volunteers its time and professional expertise to help guide and progress the association to the forefront of the industry as it carries out its strategic plan.
The HFTP Global Board is the primary decision-making body of the association. Under the Board’s vision, HFTP is able to expand its international reach and address the needs of the hospitality industry at large. The Board ensures the continuity of the association by planning for the future, establishing and reviewing major policies and programs that support the mission of the association, and by ensuring that the association is fiscally sound.
The new leadership slate was installed at the 2020 HFTP Annual Business Meeting and Awards Ceremony, presented as an online broadcast on Thursday, October 29. Leading the HFTP Global Executive Committee and Board of Directors as Global President is Mark Pate, Sr., CHAE, CHTP, MBA; assistant controller and IT director for Highpointe Hotel Corp.
“One of the most exciting things about being HFTP President at this time is that I have a whole year to work with some of the brightest and most talented folks in the hospitality industry, as we reposition HFTP for its amazing future,” said Pate. “I am really looking forward to the time we can sit down and discuss issues face-to-face again.”
HFTP 2020-2021 Global Executive Committee members:
- President: Mark Pate Sr., CHAE, CHTP, MBA • Assistant Controller and IT Director, Highpointe Hotel Corporation
- Vice President: Neil Foster, CHTP, MBA • Tech-Tonic Hospitality Services
- Treasurer: Stephanie Anderson, CHAE, CPA, CGMA • CFO, River Bend Golf & Country Club
- Secretary: Justin Taillon, MBA, Ph.D., CHTP • Professor and Department Head; Highline College
- Immediate Past President: Michael Levie, CHTP • COO, citizenM Hotels
- Ex Officio Frank I. Wolfe, CAE, FIH • CEO, HFTP
HFTP 2020-2021 Global Board of Directors:
- Director Toni Bau • Director of Finance, Maybourne Beverly Hills
- Director James Bina, CHAE+, CHTP • Director of Finance, Rosen Hotels & Resorts
- Director Carson Booth, CHTP • Strategic Advisor, POS8
- Director Kelly Brennan • VP of Employee Benefits, CBIZ
- Director Jill Burnett, CHAE, CPA • Controller, Medalist Golf Club
- Director Arthur Burger, CHAE+ • Principal, Art Burger Consulting
- Director Andrew Buwalda, CHAE • Regional Director of Finance, Skyline Investments
- Director Mark Fancourt • Co-founder, Testbed.Vegas/TRAVHOTECH
- Director Jonathon Goodman, CHAE, CPA • CFO, Lost Tree Golf Club
- Director Eileen Sarris, CPA, CHAE • CFO, The Field Club
- Director Barry Thomas, CHTP • Sr. Corporate Director – Property Technology, Rosewood Hotels & Resorts
- Director Fitzroy Walker, MBA, MCIM • Regional Financial Controller, Sandals Resorts International
For more information on HFTP leadership and leadership opportunities, contact HFTP Director Board & Special Projects Millicent Gustafson at [email protected] or +1 (512) 220-6449.
Hospitality Financial and Technology Professionals (HFTP®) established in 1952, is an international, nonprofit association, headquartered in Austin, Texas, USA, with offices in Hong Kong, United Kingdom, Dubai and the Netherlands. HFTP is recognized as the spokes group for the finance and technology segments of the hospitality industry with members and stakeholders spanning across the globe. HFTP uniquely understands the industry’s pressing issues and assists its stakeholders in finding solutions to their challenges more efficiently than any organization. It does this via its expert networks, research, certification programs, information resources and conferences/events such as HITEC. HFTP also owns the world’s only hospitality-specific search engine, PineappleSearch.com. For more information about HFTP, email [email protected] or download the HFTP/HITEC media kit via the HFTP website. Read industry updates on the suite of HFTP hospitality news sites: HITEC Bytes, Club Bytes, Finance Bytes and HFTP News.